Sunday, November 5, 2017

About Kindles

If you don't have a chance to access all the great materials available at Bizzell Library (books for check-out, books on reserve, including comic books and graphic novels, plus Kindles on reserve), buying your own Kindle books is another excellent option.

You do NOT need a Kindle device to read a Kindle book. You can read Kindle books in your browser at Read.Amazon.com, or you can get a Kindle app for pretty much any mobile phone or tablet. Here's what the browser-based Kindle Library looks like:


So, if you are interested in Kindle book options, I have sorted them by price:
Even better, when you highlight as you read; here's a screenshot of a page I have highlighted using my browser to read a Kindle book:


You can then access all your highlights via your Kindle Notebook! I am a huge fan of Kindles because of this ability to highlight and then access your notes later! You can even export those highlights to Diigo (that's part of the Diigo Chrome extension). Here's a screenshot of my Kindle Notebook, showing the option to export all my highlights for any given book to Diigo:








No comments:

Post a Comment