Sunday, November 5, 2017

Overview: Pattanaik. Gita


Title: My Gita
Author: Devdutt Pattanaik
Year: 2015

Comments: Unlike other Gita commentaries, this book is organized thematically, and is full of stories to help contextualize the meaning of the Gita in a larger cultural and historical context. Plus, as always, there are illustrations by the author!

Kindle: You can buy your own Kindle copy from Amazon for $8.95 (checked price November 2017); more about Kindles.

Audiobook: You can buy your own Audible copy from Amazon for $7.49 (checked price November 2017).

Length: three weeks. I've divided the reading into six parts: A-B (first week), C-D (second week), and E-F (third week).

Part A
Why My Gita
Before My Gita: A Brief History of The Gita
My Gita
1. You and I do not have to judge

Part B
2. You and I have been here before
3. You and I experience life differently
4. You and I seek meaning

Part C
5. You and I have to face consequences
6. You and I can empathize
7. You and I can exchange
8. You and I withdraw in fear
9. You and I hesitate to trust

Part D
10. You and I have potential
11. You and I can include
12. You and I can accommodate

Part E
13. You and I have no control
14. You and I value property
15. You and I compare

Part F
16. You and I cling
17. You and I can be generous
18. You and I matter to each other
After My Gita: Yet Another Discourse by Krishna


No comments:

Post a Comment